Whatever type of workout you decide on, the important thing is to be consistent. Different people with different schedules will plan their workouts to suit their schedules. So whether you decide to work out in the mornings, afternoons or late evenings – it does not matter. As mentioned herein above you can achieve a fail-proof workout if you approach the same with consistency and resolve.
What level are you on the exercise circuit – a beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- If you are a beginner just starting a programme with Dangerously Fit Personal Training, it will not matter what time of the day you schedule for working out. You may find you have a half hour or so free in the afternoons, it would be good to use that time. However once you fix a time you should do your utmost to keep to it.
- If you fall in the intermediate category, have you been able to regularly work out? If not, why? If it is some family activity that prevented you from keeping up with the workout schedule try to find another convenient time. Early mornings seem to be the popular choice to train with personal trainer Sydney for working people, housewives etc.
- As an advanced disciple of fitness you will have years of training behind you. It is because of your commitment to working out that you have reached the advanced stage and are enjoying the fruits of your efforts. So timings and schedules hold no cause of concern for you.
Scheduling training hours
Once the day gets moving – say after breakfast – time seems to get gobbled up with a whole lot of chores – some regular, others unexpected. Keeping this in mind if you decide to start fitness training in Sydney, you should look at the early morning hours when many people are still asleep. Besides the no-disturbance you might enjoy working out early mornings, a few other benefits are:
- Your insulin sensitivity is improved
- You get energised to face the day
- Your metabolism gets a kick start with better brain functioning
- Facing less chances of any disturbances you can stick better to your training routine.
If working out early mornings is not convenient, you could look at doing fitness training some time during the day. Work-outs in the afternoons with Dangerously Fit Personal Training appear to have a few benefits as under:
- The body’s muscle activation is at its max in the afternoons.
- Regular movement also makes the body warmer for exercising, thus lessening the chances of any injury. However in spite of this you still need to do a dynamic warm-up – something required whenever you work out.
- The internal clock in the body also points to the afternoon as being the best time to work out.
However it does not matter which category you fall into and which time of the day is more convenient for you to work out. These are subjective parameters. What is important is that you need to be consistent and earnest about your efforts when working out with a personal trainer.
Anyone who goes in for fitness training needs to have a fitness goal. If you just decide to work out without a set goal in mind you may land up going through automatic workouts week in and week out without much progress or success. So once you decide to regular working out, be clear on what you want to achieve from the same – drop weight, build muscle etc.
The next step would be to check with a personal training the type of workouts you need to do and the time frame required for you to reach your goal. Steps required for you to achieve your fitness goals are as under:
- Your fitness goals should be specific and achievable. If you think up unrealistic goals you will be setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. Make a plan – in fact make two plans, long-term and short-term.
- The short-term plan will help you to track any progress you make on a weekly basis. If you feel you are not benefiting from the workout plan, the personal trainer can make necessary changes to achieve better results.
- Once you start working out you need to be committed. Whatever workout plan you decide on, it should take into account the amount of time you can commit to the sessions on a weekly basis. In case you need to cancel a session make sure you reschedule the same. It is easy to slacken off due to mood changes, tiredness or attending to other personal commitments. Such missed workouts will de-rail your efforts so it is important to stay committed.
- While on the subject of goal-setting, some goals are likely to be more achievable than others. This is where intrinsic motivation comes in. Intrinsic motivation is the reason you decide to work out. Are you working out to achieve something you want? Or are you working out to impress or please someone else? You need to really personally want to reach a particular fitness goal. Without that strong desire you will be likely to fail in your efforts.
- Tracking of short-term goals needs to be done on a weekly or monthly basis. You need to know whether the workouts are swinging in your favour. If you find yourself on track your chances of reaching your long-term goals are better. So regular measuring is recommended. Your diet is also an important factor when working out and may require changes if you do not see positive results.
- Add a ‘social’ touch to working out. This could be achieved in two ways. Either you find a partner to work out with, or keep family members and friends informed of your workout progress. Such social interaction will give you the required support and help to keep you motivated during any ‘off-time’ periods.
Working out to lose weight, build strength and generally keep fit is a journey. Yes, you need to be committed and take appropriate steps to achieve your goals. But – you do not need to be miserable and make it a drudgery routine.
You can make working out fun – get involved in activities that you enjoy and which can help you to reach both short term and long term goals. The same applies to the type of diet you need. If you make working out fun, you will definitely be able to achieve your fitness goals.
How to Build Muscle?
Well-built muscles give your body that lean and toned look that’s guaranteed to turn heads! No wonder, building muscles tops the list of priorities of most Dubai fitness enthusiasts. A certified and experienced Dubai personal trainer can help you select the right way to build good muscles safely. It will include a regimen of workouts and diet plans suitable for your present physical condition and fitness goals.
Regular exercise is the bedrock on which good muscles are built. Speak to your personal trainer so that he can select workouts specifically beneficial for building muscles.. If you live in Dubai, then you may like the page hyperlinked above.
Target the Larger Muscles
It’s time to target the larger muscle groups of your body if you have already been exercising for some time and lifting weights.. Working on these muscles such as the hips; chest; legs and back means you are targeting multiple smaller muscles for comprehensive growth. It is when all the muscles develop properly that you can gain that sculpted look that is much envied.
Avoid Fitness Plateaus
Avoid hitting a fitness plateau wherein you do not gain much muscle mass and your body reaches a static state. This happens when you are doing the same workouts for months and your body becomes adjusted to it. Your personal trainer will definitely keep this in mind and will alternate workouts accordingly. This means you will do different workouts on different days so that you body is always pushed more to complete the sets.
You may also want to gradually increase the weights you are lifting. This again adds additional strain and your muscles work extra hard to keep up. All this stimulates muscle growth and cuts down on the accumulation of flab. A regularly scheduled fitness course may be an option as well.
Take Adequate Rest
Working out like mad without a proper rest plan is nothing but disaster for your muscle building ambitions. Extreme workout puts great strain on your muscles and wears them out quickly. Rest adequately to avoid undoing all that hard work. Sleep for at least eight to ten hours a day and take a break from exercising every two days or alternate days.
Consistency is crucial to gaining muscles as this does not happen overnight. Initially it may be difficult but you have to stay focused and motivated to see the results. Also, once you have gained the muscles you must continue with a fitness schedule to maintain your sculpted body.
Eating right is another important component of your strategy to build and sustain muscles. Include more protein rich food such as lean meat; eggs; nuts or low-fat cheese in your regular meals. Take protein shakes before your workouts to see better results.
Proteins are the building blocks that help muscles grow and develop adequately. More healthy muscles make your body burn fat at a faster pace so that you accumulate less fat.
Remember to eat a hearty nutritious meal every three hours. This will not only help to build more muscles but also prevent snacking in-between meals which can make you gain flab. Also healthy meals are absolutely essential if you want to sustain those beautiful muscles built painstakingly over months. Follow a comprehensive diet plan for all meals and avoid alcohol, smoking or fast food.
Motivation is a crucial factor that can affect your success as a personal trainer.
Continuing with weeks of rigorous training is tough for many people and as a trainer you must motivate them continuously to keep going. Without enough motivation, clients are likely to drop off midway and you will lose serious business.
So once you have done your personal trainer certifications and have started working, you must know how to retain clients through positive encouragement.
Motivating your Clients
The success of your personal training business depends on building a steady and loyal customer base down the years. You must have clients who are willing to pay and complete long sessions or who will come back to you every year for short; brush-up courses. To do this, you must maintain a balance between positive encouragement and being downright authoritative.
Remind Clients of their Goals
Before any client signs up, always discuss her chief incentive for joining a fitness course. It is important that your client understands her goals clearly in order to enjoy each session. Once the goal is defined, remind her often of this especially at times when she becomes frustrated with failures, depressed with routine or fatigued from sheer exertion.
Learn to Command Respect
Always maintain a professional; no-nonsense attitude while training clients. Avoid idle chit chat or staying busy with something else (speaking on the mobile, for instance). Remember your clients are paying for the time and expects your complete attention and guidance regarding their health, fitness and wellbeing. Join your clients in doing some reps to show off your skills further and your clients will definitely have more respect for you.
Praise their Efforts
A little praise does wonders to perk up your clients’ self-esteem and confidence. Everybody loves to be praised and a few good words now and then helps keep the motivation high. Celebrate little victories and milestones as the session progresses. Allow for a little weekend binging or a dine-out if your client has succeeded in achieving something through regular workouts.
Although your clients look up to you as a no-nonsense instructor, it pays to be lenient with them at times. Remember, your clients are not trained in personal trainer certifications and for the average person, achieving a certain fitness standard is tough work.
As your clients work hard to reach milestones, they will also be making mistakes, act lazy or may even skip a few sessions. Do not berate or humiliate them in such situations. Rather, you should sit with them and explain to them patiently why it is important to continue with the hard work and that results will not be far if they are honest in their efforts.
Challenge your Clients
It is important to avoid boredom from setting in. Motivate your clients further by challenging them often with different types of workouts. There are huge combinations of exercises taught at personal trainer courses and you must learn how to mix and match them so as to make each session as exciting as possible. Your clients too will look forward to each session if you surprise them often with newer and more challenging workouts.
When becoming a certifed personal trainer keep in mind that summer is the ideal time for you to consider training clients outdoors. They would love the wonderful warm weather and the bright sunshine. However, training outdoors go much beyond enjoying the sun or the warm breeze.
Personal trainer courses have often stressed the need to break the monotony and indulge in training outdoors as this is beneficial both physiologically and psychologically. PT courses insist on training amidst the beauty and serenity of nature as it enhances your mood and brings down levels of tension, anxiety, and stress.
Consider the Benefits of Training Clients Outdoors
You must convince your clients that the advantages of training outdoors are plenty.
- Research has revealed that one can torch up to 30 per cent more calories by training amidst nature.
- Post exercise endorphins show higher levels
- Rejuvenating fresh air helps to boost alertness and reduce stress or anxiety hence, resting heart rate is lowered.
- Sunlight helps to boost vitamin D that makes your bones strong and promotes calcium absorption
- A wide variety of exercises could be performed which is not always possible in a gym
Some Easy Ways to Train Outside
There are numerous ways to take your clients and train in natures lap. A most convenient way is to include a short run during your usual circuit routine. Once circuit is done go for a high intensity wind sprint.
The heart rate is usually lower when a trainee runs outside as the body encounters less stress than while running on a tread mill indoors, at precisely the same speed.
Effective Workout at Parks,
You could take your weight loss clients for a run downtown or through a park. This high intensity activity would definitely serve as a good cardio. Your clients would definitely welcome and appreciate the change from monotonous training routine and they may request you for more such adventure and fun.
Use the monkey bars at the park as dip bars or pull-up bars for an excellent upper body as well as core routine. Consider adding some sets of push-ups, lunges, body-weight squats for a super effective outdoor circuit.
Social media courses for personal trainers show you how to market yourself online with new cutting edge tools that will quickly grow your fitness business.
Excellent Exercise at Hiking Trails, Beach or Even Parking Lot
Consider using hiking trails as they prove to be excellent training tools. Your clients would benefit a lot from the challenging workout as they would encounter hills and valleys on the trail. You could even consider making your client perform a set of prolonged walking lunges at the gym parking lot or even the sidewalk close by.
Sand and water at the beach, serve as brilliant training aids. You could enjoy an intense workout by running on sand and in water as it does wonders to your calves and definitely adds resistance.
Some Other Important Things to Consider
Fitness trainer marketing certification courses emphasize the need to exercise outdoor occasionally, to break the monotony and enjoy the benefits of exercising amidst the stimulating natural beauty. You must check weather forecast before you step out for an outdoor session. Ask your clients to wear proper clothes suitable for outdoor training.
This also gives you an opportunity for soft marketing and you could flaunt your gym bag or clip board by placing it strategically on a bench so that everyone can see it. Training outside conveys to your clients your competent ways and professional approach.
Ever thought about becoming a personal trainer? Personal training is a wonderful career that allows you the possibilities of both full-time and part-time employment opportunities. Whether you are just starting out as a professional or already have your established full-time career, part-time fitness training can be a great entry point into this growing sector. Once you have completed your fitness training course or even while preparing for your final exams, you can always undertake part-time assignments to test your skills and introduce yourself to the market.
Starting as a Part-time Fitness Instructor
For many seasoned fitness instructors, starting part-time is the way they have established themselves in this business. There are many benefits to this approach.
For one, you have flexible timings and more opportunities to explore as many different types of clients as you want to. You may start at the neighbourhood gym for a few hours daily or with a few clients who desire individual attention, some might even want to train with kettlebells.
Secondly, part-time assignments allow you to understand your knack and competence for the profession. While many join the Dangerously Fit Academy courses as a future career, not all of them are sure about their own love for the job.
Thirdly, going part-time allows you to scour for other job opportunities. It is always possible that the profession may look attractive theoretically but you may not like the multiple challenges on the field. In such a scenario, you have the time and freedom to go job hunting in other fields while still making some money on the side from part-time fitness training.
Fitness Australia kettlebell courses ensures that your personal trainer is qualified and trained to coach you properly.
Succeeding as a Part-time Fitness Trainer
Succeeding in your career as a part-time fitness trainer is both difficult and easy. You need to balance a lot of things and take care of multiple challenges in order to make the best of your time.
Balancing your Time
One of the major drawbacks of taking up part-time fitness training is finding the right balance of time and clients. Most trainers work when their clients don’t, i.e. when their clients are free to train. This may mean starting your day as early as 5am or ending it as late as 8pm. And since you will be working part-time, you will need to search more for clients who are free to hire you as per their own convenience. However, the good thing is that you will have plenty of free time to devote to other areas of your life.
Calculating your Liabilities
Even part-time trainers have some liabilities which you will have to keep in mind. These include (but is not limited to) liability insurance, health insurance and overhead costs. You must have the right insurance policies to protect your interest in case things go wrong and a particular client files for compensation. And you will also have to arrange for certain overhead expenses such as travelling costs and outsourcing professional services such as attorneys and accountants as and when required.
Training with the macebell can very dangerous if not instructed properly, so having insurance is important. Therefore, always ensure you enrol in a steel mace certification before training your clients.
Having enough Back-up Budget
Most fitness training certification courses teach you how to make a viable budget so that you have enough money to last your through lean periods. This is all the more essential if you are going part-time as you will not have regular clients throughout the day. Financial stability is crucial for success and you must always have enough money to last you for at least six months without many clients.